Cove Angling Society was formed in 1945 by a group of anglers who fished waters around Cove, Farnborough, Hants.
In the early 1960’s CAS leased a gravel pit at Theale Green, near Reading. With the owner’s approval & assistance from the EA, carp, tench & roach were stocked. The fishery quickly became a popular pleasure & prolific match venue until, in 2019, CAS lost the fishing rights as part of the planned development of the site.
During the late 1980’s, CAS purchased land at Normandy, Surrey, between Guildford & Aldershot, & in 1992 created a two lake venue known as Chaley Park. The larger of the 2 lakes covers 2.69 acres & has 36 swims whilst the smaller lake covers 1.28 acres with 24 swims. The EA approved the stocking of various species of fish & Chaley Park is now a well respected fishery with a prolific head of mature & new fish, for both match & pleasure anglers.
Our lakes produce good match weights & are available for hire to other clubs for matches – please go to Contacts for further details.
Cove Angling Society membership is currently closed. Replacement keys are charged at £15 each key refundable upon return of the key. The Committee use regular newsletters & the Society’s Facebook page to keep the membership informed